Thursday, September 10, 2009

Setup.ini

This is a blog. And I am famous.
This is because of my work with words. (Or as we Men of Letters know them, "think-drawings"). It's not just because I might happen to know a lot of them. (Hint: Yes).
It's the way I arrange them. (Tip for beginners: Left to Right seems to work best).
When certain words come into contact with each other, their molecules become excited, and their very physical properties change. Scholars think this is how humor happens.

I am why humor happens.

(Also, occasional I-93 pileups,
according to a jury of my "peers").

It is not a science. Text-positioning is an Art.
That's not to say science doesn't come into play: as a Renaissance Man, I fuse the two.
[Early Renaissance. When Alchemy was still cool].

Because I am famous, I naturally have the need to help my fellow (but lesser) man.

This is an archive of humorous writing. I wrote these pieces. There will be more. Again, me.

I have enabled commenting for these pieces. Why? Writing is a two-way street.
We writers cover miles day-in, day-out. At night, we park on the curb and sleep in our cars.
But we couldn't do it without you, the common man. You're our muse. Our audience. Critic. Grocery Clerk.
So I couldn't do this it it weren't for you. That's why I've waived the right to approve comments. Critique, as Hegel said, is all kinds of shit. Why am I a good writer?
Because I value what you have to say. What I am saying, is I respect you.

So without any further pomp, I humbly give you my wit.

That was actually the first installment. Scroll back up. Oh, and thank you for reading.

I respect you,
-Andy



No comments:

Post a Comment